1. Respect the culture o f the people we serve.
2. Respect dignity o f work and self-achievement.
3. Strive to improve the quality o f life in the colonias by working with the people to support pro jects that help our friends succeed in business , home ownership , and programs that provide food , shelter and love for the most neglected.
4. Always engage in behavior that is beyond ethical reproach and respects the customs, laws , and belie fs o f the people .
Respecting a culture is more than simply enjoying traditional dances and songs. It also includes accepting local me thods o f construction . Respecting a culture means listening to how and why things are done a certain way and not assuming that we know be tter.
1. Life and individual religious belie fs are sacred and respected .
2. We value customs and traditions .
3. Our role is to provide support, friendship , material, and guidance to help the people o f the colonias resolve problems . Our role in the lives o f U .S. families is to facilitate a meaning ful relationship with the people o f the colonias that improves their spiritual life and promo tes happiness .
4. Our focus is the colonia (neighborhood) and we work with the residents at the basic neighborhood level
5. The children o f the colonias are our most valuable asset.
6. We exist to work in partnership with the people o f the colonias by servicing their needs and within their guidelines.
7. People should be treated fairly and equitably in recognition o f basic human dignity and as a means o f enriching life.
8. Face to face encounters , through mission experiences, are the best way to accomplish our purpose and mission.